Zang Toi’s Fall/Winter 2017 runway show featured a truly captivating collection. If you follow me on Instagram you saw that I was lucky enough to be backstage before the show watching hair stylists and makeup artists prep the brigade of gorgeous models. Their elegant hair style was created by lead stylist Eiji Yamane, using Macadamia Professional products.
Being backstage at NYFW is an AMAZING experience. It was so exciting to see how much work and how many people go into putting together a less-than one hour show. So many creative and insanely talented people are huddled together in a back room doing what they do best. It was such an inspiring and fast-paced environment, that makes me impatient for next season’s shows. 😉
The “French Twist Chignon” hairstyle was truly beautiful, yet simple enough that it did not take away from House of Toi’s FW’17 collection. It’s the perfect look to do before work or a date and once you get the hang of it (and don’t need to go back and perfect it before something as high profile as say, a fashion show) it really won’t take too long.
Eiji Yamane was generous enough to share his step-by-step process on how to get the look at home. I’ll be sharing more fashion week reflections next week, including outfits from Zang Toi’s to-die-for FW’17 collection… which is conveniently in literally ALL my favorite colors and textures. x
“French Twist Chignon” Lead Stylist Eiji Yamane Shares His Fashion Week Hair How-To:
1. Evenly distribute Macadamia Professional Blow Dry Lotion, section hair and blow dry.
2.Create a central part and pull back into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck – pulling tightly to ensure the top of the head is smooth and sleek
3. Separate ponytail into three sections and braid all the way through the length of the ponytail. Secure ends with a hair elastic.
4. Fold new braid in half. After you tucked the braid up, pin it into place with the bobby pins.
5. Using a hair extension matching the color of hair, take one section and clip it under the braid and curling up, create a large loop wrapping around to the right side of the braid. Secure with bobby pins.
6. Repeat step 5 at the top section and middle section to create a loose, “crescent” chignon, ensuring the inside braid is completely covered.
7. Spray with Macadamia Professional Style Lock Strong Hold Hairspray to lock in place.
8. Using a comb, gently smooth out all hair that is pulled back one last time and apply Macadamia Professional Whipped Detailing Cream to tame any flyaways.
9. To complete the look, liberally spray Macadamia Professional Weightless Moisture Dry Oil Micro Mist for added shine and luster.
Stay Classy! xx